Chocolate Raspberry Marbled Cupcakes

These cupcakes look beautiful and received “wows!” from kids and adults alike. If you have favorite chocolate and vanilla cupcake recipes, then these cupcakes couldn’t be easier to make. Find your favorite recipes* (as long as they have a similar batter consistency) and make them in separate bowls. You can about a cup of raspberry jam to the vanilla batter, and mix it in thoroughly. When you are ready to put the batter into the paper liners, use two 1/4 cup sized measuring cups and take a scoop of each flavor batter each measuring cup. Pour the batter into the paper liners from each measuring cup at the same time  (one into each half of the liners) until the liners are 3/4 of the way full. Use a butter knife to swirl the batter around, or you can leave it half-and-half if you like that effect. Follow your cupcake recipe for baking times (usually cupcakes bake for 20-22 minutes). I topped my cupcakes with a Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting (by adding raspberry jam to my favorite cream cheese frosting recipe). Top with curls of chocolate and a fresh raspberry, and you’re set to impress!

*I used the basic vanilla and chocolate cupcake recipes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World.

Advertisements

6 Responses to “Chocolate Raspberry Marbled Cupcakes”

1. 1 Sari October 24, 2010 at 6:07 pm

I love the picture of the pink raspberry and the chocolate swirled together!

2. 2 Fred October 28, 2010 at 12:37 am

And they were the best cupcakes ever.
    The raspberry on top made it most delicious.

3. 3 sonja October 28, 2010 at 10:06 am

gorgeous, as always!

4. 4 Jake October 30, 2010 at 9:50 am

It’s been a while since I checked the blog and I was so happy to see all these delicious pictures! Totally amazing and inspiring. And making me rather hungry…

5. 5 Josh November 4, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Marbled cupcakes were seriously like my favorite thing in the world as a child! These look awesome – I’m totally going to try to bake them the next time I try to bake something (which is about once a year, but still).

6. 6 content marketing April 29, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I really loved the post so I used my Digg account to digg it.. Such a usefule blog wow !!!! Agreeable : ) Amazing.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Join 71 other followers

My Flickr Photos

October 2010
M T W T F S S
« Sep   Dec »
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Creative Commons License

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License. Photos, Original Recipes & Text ©cookiesandcandids 2008-2010 unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved. If you repost any material from this blog, please give credit by including a link back to me. Thank you!